Being a bystander is an important role – so important, in fact, we encourage you to be an Upstander. Standing up for victims when they are in crisis or in need of assistance can save a life. However, do not neglect your personal safety, either. If you or the victim are in immediate danger, call 911.
All reports made are anonymous.
- Abuse of seniors/adults with disabilities: Call 309-637-3905 or 1-800-559-SAFE (7233) to make a report locally
- Abuse of seniors/adults with disabilities in a long-term care facility: Call 309-272-2917
- Domestic Violence: Call 911
- Child Abuse: Call DCFS at 800-25-ABUSE (800-252-2873) to make a report or call CFPA crisis line 1-800-559-SAFE (7233)
- Child Sexual Abuse: Call DCFS at 800-25-ABUSE (800-252-2873) to make a report or call CFPA crisis line 1-800-559-SAFE (7233)
- Sexual Assault: Call 911
- Human Trafficking: Call the National Human Trafficking Hotline to make a report at 1-888-373-7888 or CFPA crisis hotline at 1-800-559-SAFE (7233)
- Call 911
- Remember to treat the victim as you would want to be treated – with patience, kindness, and understanding
- If you fear your personal safety by approaching, stand away, but let the individuals notice you are watching and get out your cell phone to call for help.
- If you are in a public place such as a store or a restaurant, tell a manager or the person in charge.
All victim services are free and confidential.