The Center for Prevention of Abuse accepts non-monetary and in-kind donations to help support our clients and our client services. We are proud to work with our local community to provide our clients with everything they might need while they seek our services and stay with us in shelter. From food drives to diaper donations to new household goods, we will happily work with you to help meet our clients’ needs. We thrive on donations and are grateful for your interest in helping.
Donations can be dropped off at our main location, 720 W Joan Ct, Peoria, IL 61614, between 8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Perishable food, including fresh meat, eggs, milk, and fresh produce
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Coffee, cream, and sugar
- Microwavable rice, pasta, and other side dishes
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Bottled water and juice boxes
- Boxed breakfast items – cereals, oatmeal packets, granola bars, Pop-Tarts
- Healthy snack items for children
- Medium-size clear tote bins with lids (Rubbermaid/Sterilite)
- Gallon-size Ziploc bags
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned soups, stews and pastas
- Cleaning supplies: Clorox-type wipes, bleach-free multipurpose/surface cleaner, sponges
- Febreze and Static Guard
- Pajamas for a variety of ages and genders
- Packaged socks and underwear (new)
- Shaving cream – women’s and men’s
- Full-sized shampoo, conditioner, liquid body wash, and face wash
- Disposable razors with cartridges
- Personal hygiene products
- Diapers and baby wipes
- Baby formula
- Laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Dish and hand soap
- Assorted sizes of Ziploc bags
- Full-size hand sanitizer
- Cling wrap, wax paper, and aluminum foil
- Cotton swabs
- Large garbage bags
- New or gently used umbrellas
- Infant size car seat (still in original packaging)
- Toddler size car seat (still in original packaging)
- Kitchen garbage can
- Dish drainer
- Hand mixer
- Cutting board
- Pots and pans, cookie sheets, and baking pans (9 x 13 and 8 x 8)
- Cooking utensils: spatulas, whisks, can openers, stirring spoons, etc.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Food storage containers
- Plastic, dishwasher-safe drinking glasses
- Mixing bowls
- Hand towels, dishtowels, bath towels, and wash cloths
- Brooms, dustpans, and mops
- Shower curtain, liner, and hooks
- Small bathroom garbage cans
- Laundry baskets
- Coffee Pot
- Full and twin sheet sets, comforters, and mattress pads
If your organization, business, club, or group is interested in doing a food or donation drive to benefit CFPA, please call 309-691-0551 to find out about our immediate or mass donation needs.
CFPA accepts gently used clothing. Due to overwhelming generosity from our community and the limited space we have available, we are able to accept a maximum of four bags of new or gently used clothing per donor, per month.
Furniture and Large Item Donations
Furniture and other large items are accepted with prior approval from CFPA.
Items Not Accepted
Due to limited space and the safety and health of our clients and staff, we cannot accept some items. We are unable to accept used stuffed animals, old televisions, microwaves, computers, cribs, child car seats, or any items damaged by smoke, water, odor, or stains.
For more information about non-monetary donations, please call 309-691-0551 or click here.
All victim services are free and confidential.