The Center is currently looking for volunteers for our 2017 Duck Race! If interested, please contact Jamie for more information at 309-691-0551 or email@example.com.
If you share our commitment to help all people – women, men and children – to live free from violence and abuse and are looking for a volunteer opportunity which offers you great personal satisfaction and fulfillment as well as the opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
The two basic types of volunteer service at The Center are direct and non-direct. Just as it sounds, direct service volunteers work directly with clients one-on-one and in groups. Non-direct service includes such tasks as cleaning; organizing, sorting and/or moving donated goods, clerical or administrative tasks; lawn and gardening; helping with the annual Duck Race fundraiser; and other behind the scenes assistance.
Because of the nature of our agency and the work we do, we are sure you understand why there are strict regulations in place to protect those in our care.
- Non-direct, one-time volunteer: fully supervised, minimal paperwork needed
- Non-direct, regular volunteer: agency orientation, background check and paperwork
- Direct client contact, regular volunteer: fingerprinted, background check and orientation plus 63 .5 hours of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Training
- Please note that we are unable to guarantee a minimum number of volunteer hours for school requirement.
On behalf of our staff and those we serve, we hope that you will choose to give of your time and talents to The Center. Without people like you, we would not be able to build a safe, peaceful community.
Questions about volunteering? Please contact Jamie D. at 309-691-0551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about upcoming Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse daytime and evening training classes? Please contact Carol H. at 309-698-2874 or email@example.com
PREPARE BEFORE YOU APPLY:
- The Center’s application does not have a save and continue later feature; it must be completed in one sitting.
- In addition to your personal information, you will need:
- Education history including name, location, and start/end date for all institutions
- Employment history including employer name, address, phone, supervisor name/title, duties, start/end date, and final pay
- Name, occupation, address, phone and email for three professional references who are not related to you
- Resume to attach when prompted – required
- Cover letter to attach – optional